Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zork9999

Two different filters on query's/datasets

Hi,

I want to make a report regarding VM's info based on CPU and Memory with a slider on month's.

Also I want to have the computernames showed even there is no information in one of those tables/query.

So I got 4 tables/querys:

CPU info

- Computer

- Value

- Date/Time generated

- Month nr (extracted from date/time field)

- Month name (extracted from date/time field)

Memory info

- Computer

- Value

- Date/Time generated

- Month nr (extracted from date/time field)

- Month name (extracted from date/time field)

Manually i created the following tables

Months

- Month Nr

- Month name

Computer

-Computername

Capture.PNG

So the problem is that I can't use two filters, computername and month in my report.

Report should look like this

computer.png

Hopefully you understand my problem.

Regards

Zork

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Zork9999

Your relationship between Months and Memory info exists but is inactive because of Bidirectional relationships !

This relationship mode is only available and (surprisingly) by default in Power BI Desktop.

If you want to activate your relationship between Months and Memory Info, double click on each relationship in the relationship view (or go to manage relationships) and turn cross filter direction for each of them from "both" to "single":

Capture.PNG

You can then Make the relationship active between Months and Memory info tables.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Zork9999

Your relationship between Months and Memory info exists but is inactive because of Bidirectional relationships !

This relationship mode is only available and (surprisingly) by default in Power BI Desktop.

If you want to activate your relationship between Months and Memory Info, double click on each relationship in the relationship view (or go to manage relationships) and turn cross filter direction for each of them from "both" to "single":

Capture.PNG

You can then Make the relationship active between Months and Memory info tables.

@Datatouille

Thank you very much, that did the trick!

One question more, is there an option to see the query in power BI. Like in SQL?

Regards

Zork

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.