Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BrianSK
Regular Visitor

Two columns with different values in one table pointing to a single column of another table.

Hi,

Two fields of project table, ProjectIntitator and ProjectManager has values of WorkerId from WorkerTable.

I need to display names of ProjectInitiator and ProjectManager, but the name field from Worker table will always display only one value...

I created a new table as WorkerTableMgr(WorkerTable) and pointed ProjectManager of project table to WorkerId in new table.

But I am trying to figure out if we can have any other way to achieve this instead of duplicating the whole table..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BrianSK,

Based on my assumption, I created two sample tables like below:

ProjectTable                                        WorkerTable

1.PNG2.PNG

You want to display corresponding name from WorkerTable in ProjectTable, right? If so, please create calculated columns in ProjectTable as below:

Name of Intitator = LOOKUPVALUE('Worker Table'[Name],'Worker Table'[WorkerId],'Project  Table'[ProjectIntitator])

Name of Manager = LOOKUPVALUE('Worker Table'[Name],'Worker Table'[WorkerId],'Project  Table'[ProjectManager]) 

3.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BrianSK,

Based on my assumption, I created two sample tables like below:

ProjectTable                                        WorkerTable

1.PNG2.PNG

You want to display corresponding name from WorkerTable in ProjectTable, right? If so, please create calculated columns in ProjectTable as below:

Name of Intitator = LOOKUPVALUE('Worker Table'[Name],'Worker Table'[WorkerId],'Project  Table'[ProjectIntitator])

Name of Manager = LOOKUPVALUE('Worker Table'[Name],'Worker Table'[WorkerId],'Project  Table'[ProjectManager]) 

3.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot Yuliana !

austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Here's one approach to get you thinking ... https://powerpivotpro0-my.sharepoint.com/personal/austin_powerpivotpro_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.a...

The relationship between projects and workers is complex, it's many to many.

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share a sample dataset and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.