Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlosdr
Regular Visitor

Turn off Level Filter for visual - Analysis Services as Source

Hi everyone, I have an interesting scenario that I need your help with. Here's the scenario:

- data source: SSAS (Analysis Services) on premisse

- report will be deployed to Power BI embedded

- report will be displayed within an application

- the application sends a "Month" parameter via report level filter

However, I have one visual that shows the current month data and the other visual is a line chart that shows the last 12 months data . The problem is that whenever the application sends the month parameters to the PBI report, both visuals are been filtered and I lose my last 12 months trend. 

I could solve that by using a slicer, however I dont want the user to have the ability to change the months within the report, since that will be controled by the application.

In summary, I would like to have a trend line chart that is not filtered by the Page/Report level filter. I could create other tables via DAX, however, since the data is coming from SSAS, PBI does not allow the creation of tables nor columns (only metrics).

Attached is the current behavior, but I'd like to have the bottom chart *not filtered* by the month filter.Turn off page level filter.jpg

Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You can affect how one visualization affects the filters on another using the "Edit Interactions" option. But I can't think of any way of doing it if it's a page/report level filter that's being set, if you can't play with the model.

Iteraction dont help me out since the filter are not controled by slicer but yet by Page/Report Level filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.