Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Translating a DAX Function to Power Query

I'm working with tables that I need to join based on a calculated field. I know how to do the calculation in DAX, however, this doesn't help me merge the tables (I need to join on multiple columns so relationships won't work). I know if I can get the following formula into Power Query, I will be able to merge the tables I'd like to but I just can't quite get the formula right. This is what I have in DAX in Table1 and it does exactly what I need it to:

Date = Calculate(Max(Table2[Effective_Term]),Filter('Table2','Table1'[Term]=>'Table2'[Effective_Term]))

Essentially I have two date columns ("Effective_Term" in Table2 and "Term" in Table1) and I need to find the maximum Effective_Term that is less than the Term.For example, Effective_Term contains {201802, 201701, 201601} so for Term=201801 I want to return 201701). 

Any help is appreciated!! 

4 REPLIES 4
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

Can you please share data in OneDrive or GoogleDrive and post the link here to find a solution.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted some sample data here:

https://hofstra1edu-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/kaitlyn_poncet_hofstra_edu/EpPfRjUFTgVJmsNiJmnp...

"Course Info" only contains the Effective Term and not the TermCode, so I want to add a column in the "Term Info" table  (in query editor) that related TermCode and EffectiveTerm. Then, I would be able to pull in the related TermCode for each EffectiveTerm in "Course Info" and merge "Course Info" and "Scheduling Data" on CourseID and TermCode. 

I have the result I would like to have in DAX (see "Term Info", FORMULA_EFF_TERM), however, in order to accompish the merge I need this result column in query mode. Hopefully I explained this clearly but if not please let me know! 

Hi @Anonymous

Please let me know if my understanding is right

You want the value of "Term Info"[FORMULA_EFF_TERM] value to be posted in the Course Info table as a new column.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to have the "Term Info"[FORMULA_EFF_TERM] values to appear in query editor so I'm able to merge tables (I need to link on more than one value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.