Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totals for Matrix or Table

Question.PNG

Hi Everyone, above is an example of my schema and current results when trying to display the "Totals" for my data. I am unable to see the totals for either my table or matrix (with a drill down). Can anyone please assist me? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix - Thanks for reaching out. I fixed my issue. I thought it was a crossfiltering problem as well.

Something I forgot to add to the picture above is that I also had a OS table with a score.

So, my goal was to have a total score. I created a column in the Applications table that calculated the scores of the related tables (OS and DB) . When I added this total score to the matrix it wasn't adding. However, when I added it to the host level it worked. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This as to do with the cross filtering you have, from what I can tell from the image you have several relationships between your tables with cross filter.

Please check this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

The results with cross filter aren't always as expected if we don't have the correct setup. As @TomMartens said can you please share some sample of data and expected results.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix - Thanks for reaching out. I fixed my issue. I thought it was a crossfiltering problem as well.

Something I forgot to add to the picture above is that I also had a OS table with a score.

So, my goal was to have a total score. I created a column in the Applications table that calculated the scores of the related tables (OS and DB) . When I added this total score to the matrix it wasn't adding. However, when I added it to the host level it worked. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm wondering about the data type of your column Risk Score.

Mark the column in the fields pane and check the data type from the Modeling menu:

image.png

Maybe you just have to change the data type to a numeric data type.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom - The value is a whole number. Not sure why it isn't adding my values. 

This is odd, can you please share a pbix with some sample data.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TomMartens Hi Tom- Thanks for reaching out. I fixed my issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.