Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joschultz
Helper III
Helper III

Top 15 in a report

What is the easiest way to show just the top 15 items in a report?  Example is I want to show the top 15 products in sales for the day.  I will have hundreds of products in the data but only want the top 15.

Thank you,

Joseph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I use the Rank X measure for my products in the filter area of the visual (or whole page as needed). Then, when I add other values, there is nothing to break. I don't put the Rank X in the visual, I just use it as a filter for the page/report. In fact, I usually fill in all other information then apply it last to pull up my top 25.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

What table is the Case Description field in? And how are the tables related?

sallen
Frequent Visitor

It's all just in the same table. For some background, I have been using Excel to do reporting for years, and I'm now starting to look into putting everything into Power BI. So I'm very new to tables and things like that. I'm actually wondering if there's some basic online training I could do to help with my understanding.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

If its all in the same table that should definitely not happen???

RANKX - Test.png

sallen
Frequent Visitor

Weird. So this is my table without the case description (everything working fine):

Without case descriptionWithout case description

And here it with the case description. All I've done to add this to the table is to drag it from the field list into the 'Values' section of the visualisation:

With case descriptionWith case description

Thanks so much again for your help, this is really helping me understand how it all works. I think once I can work through a couple of examples I'll be able to teach myself a lot more effectively.

Stuart

spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

Use RANKX in a measure to get rankings numbers for the particular value and then drop the measure in one of the filter areas and apply less than or equal to 15 or whatever top x you are after.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.