Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Capstone
Resolver I
Resolver I

Too many values in custom shape map

Hi,

I know this topic has been covered previously for Power BI visuals like bar charts etc but I'm having issues with displaying values in a custom map.The custom shapefile consists of 2250 rectangular blocks with each block having an attribute ID and some properties like thickness, depth etc. I want to plot these properties on each block but it wont let me show all the values. 

In the figure below the blocks inside the black polygon is my area of interest and as you can see the blocks inside the red polygon are mostly white when in fact there are values associated with them in the table. The plot is not showing those values.

I wanted to show this dashboard to a potential client in order to help them come on board with Power BI but now I cannot do this as I cant show them incomplete data. Any help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

AbhiCapture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
dtapia
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem and I can not find the solution, mine are irregular polygons

dtapia
Frequent Visitor
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Capstone

In this scenario, what you imported TOPOJSON is not a general map. I think this visual will only analyze the data on each small block level. It can't be like a State->City structure. I suggest you try custom visual like Synoptic Panel

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.