Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Time Series Heat Map

Hello Experts, Need your help.

I have huge data of crime occured at particular location. Here is the snippet of sample data.

heat.PNG

Based on this I need to create a heat map which shows the location and crime at particular processed time. As of now this would be static data representation and later on I may need to create a streaming data set with power bi API so the data would flow according to processed time. I am not sure how should I proceed with this.

I have tried with ArcGCIS, Globe maps but its not working for me. I have even downloaded the HeatMap visual from the below link but not sure how to use this.  There is a link provided on how to use this but the link appears broken.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Best-Visual-Contest/Heatmap/cns-p/7551

Could anyone have any idea or any other visual which will help me in this? Please advise.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
rohitnadgiri
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have a very similar probelm. I want to represent an ordinal variable (i.e. an index) changing over time (animated) for several locations on a heat map. I have used the heatmap visual suggested by @Eric_Zhang. However, the map is designed for categorical variables and not ordinal. Can anybody help me out here?

PS - I am sharing this post after several disucssions with Microsoft developers.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@harshadsp wrote:

Hello Experts, Need your help.

I have huge data of crime occured at particular location. Here is the snippet of sample data.

heat.PNG

Based on this I need to create a heat map which shows the location and crime at particular processed time. As of now this would be static data representation and later on I may need to create a streaming data set with power bi API so the data would flow according to processed time. I am not sure how should I proceed with this.

I have tried with ArcGCIS, Globe maps but its not working for me. I have even downloaded the HeatMap visual from the below link but not sure how to use this.  There is a link provided on how to use this but the link appears broken.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Best-Visual-Contest/Heatmap/cns-p/7551

Could anyone have any idea or any other visual which will help me in this? Please advise.

Thanks!

@harshadsp

There's a heatmap in the custom visual store, see Heatmap. You could follow the steps.

As to how to push data via REST API, you could reference Push data into a Power BI dataset. Do note that you can only push data to the datasets which are created via REST API.

Hi @Eric_Zhang, thanks for your inputs. I have used the visual as mentioned but there is no option to have heat data e.g. I need to show where crime has occured more in some top layer. Are you aware of any other map visual for this?

Please advise, thanks!

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello All- Anyone has expert advise on this? Appreciate any help, please, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.