Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rikBI
Helper I
Helper I

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace cannot be found

Hi,

We try to roll out PowerBI Destop on a corporate environment and we notice an error in the event log:

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace893636114 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer

We run this on a Windows 7 32-bit / Server 2008R2 32/64 -bit environment but we can't figure out what causes the error. A reinstall an the latest version (Version: 2.41.4581.361 32-bit (november 2016)) did not solve the problem.

We tried or noticed this and this, but without any results

Here was suggested that it is a language problem, but i can't figure out the language version that is missing, because that information was not thrown.

Powerbi seems to work correct.

This event is blocking us to use it in our corporate software library, please suggest.

Regards,

Rik

10 REPLIES 10
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rikBI,

Here is a similar thread which discusses the same issue, and there is a workaround mentioned there. Could you go to check if it helps?Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi v-ljerr-msft,

Thank you for your reply,

I forgot to mention that we have tried that one as well, for both the 32 bit as well as the 64 versions. Unfortunatly, without any results, we couldn't find the mentioned file.

Regards,

Rik

Today we installed powerBI Desktop on a Windows 10 64-bit machine (latest version). Altough the error is different, the message seems similar:

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace ( for searchability i leave the number  here:1742984238) cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

It looks like the following topic:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-desktop-running-on-Windows-Server-2012-Remote-Desk...

But PowerBI seems to run OK.

After some more research I found this thread as well:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-not-Launching/td-p/45636/page/2

I looks like the issues arn't solved yet..

Regards,

Rik

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@rikBI, could you please download and install the latest Power BI Desktop to see if the same issue persists? 

Hi Vicky_Song,

Unfortunatly, the problem still persist in the current version (windows 7 32 Bit Dutch) : 2.42.4611.701 (32bit), Dutch. last hour it generated 3 errors already.

I tested the 64 bit version in my windows 10 machine (OS language US english), and the error persists there as well (2.42.4611.701 (64bit), english

Please look after this error, it is a showstopper for us.

Regards,

Rik

Same errors:

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1461601292 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ndnnfan@rikBI, as your issue is more related to your computer environment, it is required to collect and analyze a process dump to analyze what’s happening on the machine while attempting to install Power BI Desktop. So, could you please open a support ticket so our engineers will have a check on your dump files to check what happened? (You can create one support ticket via going to site https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ (bottom in that page)

I just recently setup Power BI Report Server for a customer and am running into the exact same problem with Power BI Desktop (June 2017) version. Are there any known resolutions?

Just found another thread that mentions an issue with Visual Studio and I do have Visual Studio 2017 installed. Going to uninstall it and then reinstall Power BI Desktop to see if that resolves the issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PowerBI-Desktop-fails-to-start/m-p/89075#M37407

Hi, I would love to do, so, but i'm unable to login to the support-ticket system with my account (although i have a pro account). (No valid request)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.