Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aviokc2011

The data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits

Hi Experts

Am trying to load data into Power BI desktop and create a query to do a GROUP BY

I am not able to see all the values in Query Editor getting message- "The data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits"

Is there a way i can see all the data i have loaded ?

Avi

12 REPLIES 12
mikrokapital

User have a license Power Bi Pro

Error 

The data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits

Please advise.

cikuItreti

Hi Avi,

where are you seeing the "The data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits" message? Can you share a screenshot?

In any case, if you close the "Query Editor" by clicking on "Apply and Close" you should be able to take a look at all your data from the "Data" view (second button in the left navigation bar).

Cheers,

Francesco.

Hi Francesco

Thank You . Your suggestion will work for me . I can see the data from Data view

Is there a way I can download data to Excel from my data view ?

Avi

From the Data view, you can right click on a table grid and select "Copy", then paste into Excel. There's currently a 10,000 row limit for this operation.

@cikuItreti

One place I can see the same error when loading a big table(more than 100mb,90,000 lines) from sql server.
捕获.PNG

@Aviokc2011

I'm not sure where you got the error, but I doubt it is due to the same reason, the data size exceeds some limitation. May I know why you'd like to view all the data, as a "preview" means literally for me, I won't dig into a preview for all details.

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

what you see in the Navigator is a n info more than an error: we are simply informing the user that the table shown inside the navigator is a preview of the whole data-set. To see the full table you have to either Edit of Load the database.

Regards,

Francesco.

i am experiencing the same error on a small excel spreadsheet.  100 rows and 7 columns.

i use Power BI Desktop->Get Data->Excel.

i select the spreadsheet and then i see about 25 rows, followed by the error in question.

the "Edit" and "Load" buttons are greyed out, thus not selectable.  All i can do is cancel out.

if i open Excel and save a copy of the spreadsheet as a .csv, then i am able to load all 100 rows.  but this seems like a kludge.

TIA.

richard g.

@planetdomino Are you able to resolve this when the Load and Edit options are grayed out? I am facing similar issue when trying to load an Oracle table from desktop. 

@deepu299 , yes our issue was resolved.  It was a stupid end-user, i.e., me, issue.  After the table was loaded, I did not select one of the tables.  Once a table was selected, then the Load and Edit options were activated.

I'm sure you experiencing something more critical than that.  Sorry i could not be of more assistance.

Richard G.

i am experiencing a similar issue.  i'm using very small excel spreadsheets -- less than 100 rows and only 7 columns.  i'm able to see about 25 or so rows, then i get the error --> the data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits.

because of the error, both the "edit" and "load" buttons are greyed out.  all i can do is cancel the import.

please advise.

Richard G.

Same problem

hi, I think you should check the box beside the file you are trying to import.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.