Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CraigC
Helper I
Helper I

Target vs total sales column chart

Hi There,

So i want to display on either a clustered column chart or a line and clustered column chart the total amount sold vd the target. Total amount sold is a sum of BILLTOTAL. The BILLTOTAL is a sum of each sale. The target is simply a static number.

Target and billtotal are in two seperate tables linked by a relationship. When i create the column chart the axis is the short month name, the value is the SUM of the Target which displays the proper target. Then the only way to get theTARGET on is by placing it as a tooltip also as SUM which then you can see the target by hovering over the month. Alternatively i can place it as a sum of a linevalue which then actually displays on the chart but i would like it side by side per month on a column chart if possible?

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CraigC,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to simply show Month column as Axis, both Total Sales and Targets as Values on a clustered column chart in this scenario. Smiley Happy

r2.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

That is exactly what im looking for but when i place both the Target vs Actual the values are the exact same unfortunately. I think there might be something with the relationship of the tables as they are from different tables.

Hi @CraigC,

Could you share a sample pbix file(with just some sample/mock data) which can reproduce the issue, so that I can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.