Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomEvers
Frequent Visitor

Table visualization should save correctly when the report is saved on DeskTop

I have a report where I'm attempting to display the Top N product rankings for a chain of 100+ stores in one column with each of the 100+ stores having a column showing that stores sales ranking for that product.  Something like below:

ProductID  ChainRank  Store1  Store2   Store3...

311                 1             22                      8

112                 2                        4             1

005                 3                     100             

I get all this data in a 3 colunm table of StoreID,ProductID and Rank.  I then pivot it and then create a table visual where I have to add each store into the visual. one at a time (maybe you could add a select all columns from a table option on this visual then I would be a lot less upset by the fact that you can't correctly save the report).  Anyway, when I save and then reopen I get my ProductID and Rank columns, but all the stores have been dropped from the visual.  I then have to add them all back one at a time with PowerBI getting slower and slower as I add more stores.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomEvers
Frequent Visitor

OK after further review, I had last updated my PowerBI Desktop on 1/15/2017, I'm not sure of the version number.  I updated to Version: 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February, 2017) and I am able to load the previously saved reports.  A co-worker who has version 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November, 2016) can also open the file and get the report intact.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomEvers
Frequent Visitor

OK after further review, I had last updated my PowerBI Desktop on 1/15/2017, I'm not sure of the version number.  I updated to Version: 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February, 2017) and I am able to load the previously saved reports.  A co-worker who has version 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November, 2016) can also open the file and get the report intact.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.