Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aavilap
Helper I
Helper I

Table visualization overloaded (max entries reached)

Hi all! 

Hope you can help me with this, I'm having a hard time trying to get this into a funtional visual. I'm doing an analysis on retail sales opportunities based on Sales and Distribution, therefore I have identified 3 kinds of opportunities:

1. No distribution - stores/skus where Inventory=0 and L4Wk Sales=0

2. Out of Stock - stores/skus where Inventory=0 and L4Wk Sales>0

3. Phantom Stock - stores/skus where Inventoru>0 and LWk Sales=0

I have managed to create the measures to have the "count" of store/sku combinations for each of the opportunities, however when trying to show the detail on a table or matrix visual it crashes due to the amount of rows it's trying to show, I've tried reducing the rows by showing a higher level of aggrupation (instead of SKU showing category) but then the total shown in the table does not show properly. I believe there should be a way to maybe create a new summarized table for each kind of opportunity or maybe counting the rows in a different way so that when showing in a "grouped" visual the total shown is correct, but as of now I have not been able to do it in a way that works properly.

Below is a link to my PBIX, tables are now working because there are slicers on Category and Customer but when removing this tables crash, I'd appreciate any help on how to have a solution for this!

https://pbixfiles

Thanks in advance!!!

Ale

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm wondering how many GB of RAM you have available.

With 16GB of RAM it is possible to remove the filter from the slicers: category and customer.

Besides that, I removed the option "Show items with no data" from the customer field.

Actually, I'm wondering why there is a table visual that maybe shows 130M rows, I would try to avoid this possible outcome and start to redesign the report page - if possible.

No sure, but maybe this gives you an idea.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks @TomMartens I’m running on an 8GB RAM PC, the reason so many rows show is I have ~35,000 SKUs and 5,000 stores which gives me a lot of possible combinations. Since most of my final users might not be running on a 16GB RAM I need to figure out a different way to show this, do you have any suggestion on how I could achieve this? Thanks in advance!!!!
aavilap
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all! 

Hope you can help me with this, I'm having a hard time trying to get this into a funtional visual. I'm doing an analysis on retail sales opportunities based on Sales and Distribution, therefore I have identified 3 kinds of opportunities:

1. No distribution - stores/skus where Inventory=0 and L4Wk Sales=0

2. Out of Stock - stores/skus where Inventory=0 and L4Wk Sales>0

3. Phantom Stock - stores/skus where Inventoru>0 and LWk Sales=0

I have managed to create the measures to have the "count" of store/sku combinations for each of the opportunities, however when trying to show the detail on a table or matrix visual it crashes due to the amount of rows it's trying to show, I've tried reducing the rows by showing a higher level of aggrupation (instead of SKU showing category) but then the total shown in the table does not show properly. I believe there should be a way to maybe create a new summarized table for each kind of opportunity or maybe counting the rows in a different way so that when showing in a "grouped" visual the total shown is correct, but as of now I have not been able to do it in a way that works properly.

Below is a link to my PBIX, tables are now working because there are slicers on Category and Customer but when removing this tables crash, I'd appreciate any help on how to have a solution for this!

https://pbixfiles

Thanks in advance!!!

Ale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.