Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamalq123
Helper II
Helper II

Table Visualization Issue (I need ROW level headers)

Dear All,

I have a table which have following fields:

-Business unit

-Month

-Total revenue

-Cost of revenue

-HR Cost

-Overheads

-Profit

Currently I can generate report in the following format whereas I am using Table Visualization :BU Data.jpg

This is a report only for the month of Nov'16 of Business Unit "A". I have a monthly data of all the business units.

But I want to use ROW header which can be very suitable for me and can provide many info. My requirement is given below:

BU Data.jpg

Since I have all the data, if i could convert label in ROW then i can solve the issue easily, it requires some measures which will cater all the issue.

Kindly help me in this issue.

Regards,

Jamal

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jamalq123

For the first two columns, I think you can get it through unpivot columns in Query Editor. For the reset columns, you may need to create calculate measure/column to show the desired values.

Table Visualization Issue (I need ROW level headers)_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Dear Herbert,

Thanks a lot for your response, I have done it, definitely have to work on the unpivot and then worked on filter. I used an extra table where i run s.no. and Accounts heads i.e. Net Revenue, Other Revenue, Total revenue etc. The purpse of this table is to maiantan the data in accounting format.

I did a lot here, incorporated CAGR, current month financials and same month last year, Year to date comparision vs. sama perod last year comparision. Please check, neeed the community feedback to further improve it. This will be abslutely fine for the financials guys.

If you need pbix, please share email. Since we should always spread the knowledge.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYTA2MjA3MTQtNzkzNy00NTI2LWE3ODEtNTAyOWYwOGNjNWJkIiwidCI6ImY5Y...

Regards,

Jamal Qamar

jamalq123
Helper II
Helper II

Dear All,

I have a table which have following fields:

-Business unit

-Month

-Total revenue

-Cost of revenue

-HR Cost

-Overheads

-Profit

Currently I can generate report in the following format whereas I am using Table Visualization :BU Data.jpg

This is a report only for the month of Nov'16 of Business Unit "A". I have a monthly data of all the business units.

But I want to use ROW header which can be very suitable for me and can provide many info. My requirement is given below:

BU Data.jpg

Since I have all the data, if i could convert label in ROW then i can solve the issue easily, it requires some measures which will cater all the issue.

Kindly help me in this issue.

Regards,

Jamal

Please see the Embed Code given below:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDBhZDI1MWYtYTA2My00MGUyLWJkNzUtOWY3ZjNlYThiOTMyIiwidCI6ImY5Y...

I have incorporated some dummy figures and I need report in the form of  "Table - B"

I also tried to use Unpivot, but it can not solve the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.