Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table Refreshes

I have a table connected to our SQL database and I just have a few refresh questions... So I have two tables connected through a middle table:

1.PNG

I right clicked "Co" from the M3 Billing table, clicked "Add as New Query", converted from a list to a table, removed the duplicates and it allowed me to establish a connection between M3 Billing and Delta Account as you can see.

So my question here is, will my middle table refresh with new "Co" values as they come in from the M3 Billing table? I wasn't sure if the middle table would capture new information as it comes in or if it remained static.

My other question is, my M3 Billing table appends two other billing tables that are set up the same way. So M3 Billing is basically 3 tables in one. When my other two billing tables are refreshed, will new values coming in also be added to the appended queries I've added to my M3 Billing table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, both the Middle table and appended table will be updated accordingly once you refresh the underlying tables.

At first, I import two tables from SQL database, I append them into a new query and create a middle query table as you said. Then I updated my table in SSMS.

1.png

Once I click refresh in Power BI desktop, data are updated in the appended query and middle query as below:

2.png3.png

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, both the Middle table and appended table will be updated accordingly once you refresh the underlying tables.

At first, I import two tables from SQL database, I append them into a new query and create a middle query table as you said. Then I updated my table in SSMS.

1.png

Once I click refresh in Power BI desktop, data are updated in the appended query and middle query as below:

2.png3.png

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft thank you so much for clarifying! I assumed that was how it had to work otherwise people would have to recreate that middle table frequently. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.