Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stuart_honeyman
Frequent Visitor

Synchronized Slicers

Help please!

The below link suggests that a possible workaround to the current lack of slicers being applied to a whole report, is to create a set of 'Synchronised Slicers' on each page to achieve the desired result.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9861216-allows-slicers-to-apply-t...

I cannot for the life of me find a solution anywhere online. Does anyone have any ideas of how this synchronisation might be best achieved? 

Thanks

Stu

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ah - it should read "You will be able to..." - I was clarifying how the feature will work once we've finished it 🙂 Stay tuned!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anybody looking to to this it now seems to be possible.

When in service edit the report, in the view dropdown select "sync slicers pane".

1.PNG

On your report page select each slicer you want to be replicated and select the pages you want to sync

2.PNG

Save your report and it works a treat!

Kevin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When in service edit the report, in the view dropdown select "sync slicers pane".

1.PNG

On your report page select each slicer you want to be replicated and select the pages you want to sync

2.PNG

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

I ma javing the same troubleshoot. I´ve published my work into Power BI Server and sync slicers just work when it is editing the report. But Not, for viewing, who the consumers are going to use it in this way. I do not if this issue could be related due to my tabs are hided, which not make sense as it is working on my desktop.

I look forward your comments.

Thank you a lot!!

Clara

Sensational news! Smiley Very Happy  Thanks to all who replied with the heads up when the functionality became available!

One would also assume then that this will soon be a function in a Desktop release to make the whole process of synchronisation somewhat easier!

This now abailable on the latest desktop release (5th Feb 2018)

Anonymous
Not applicable

View

Sync

I dont believe slicers current ply work on multiple pages. You can use the filter section, but not slicers -yet

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hey Matt

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much for slicers to apply to the whole report; but the answer by Will on the update suggests otherwise. It seems Will is suggsting that you can link the various slicers across report pages together and then merely hide them through the visualisations tab:

"Secondly, you asked to have the first page in a report contain all the slicers – if that’s what you’re looking for you can set up the same synchronized slicers but hide them where you don’t want them visible (see the new Selection pane launched in October!)"

Would be good to get some clarification!

I'm not really sure what Will meant.  Maybe he is saying that you can manually syncronise them.  I don't believe it is possible to have them sync'd in a way that you can change one and the others change automatically.  I will ask Will to reply to this thread

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Ah - it should read "You will be able to..." - I was clarifying how the feature will work once we've finished it 🙂 Stay tuned!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea on ETA when this capability will be available?

No problem! At least we now know and we can stop scratching our heads! Smiley LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.