Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qthuynh
Frequent Visitor

Subtotal bar chart with measure

Hi,

I created a dashboard with built-in dynamic switch to show the top and bottom 5, 10, and 15 performers by vendors and region (similar to this dashboard).

Based on the dashboard link, Total revenue was $4B. The dashboard displays the top 5 products by revenue when selected, but mgt wants to see the total top 5 and % of the total (e.g. total products revenue were $4B. Top 5 product sales is $0.58B. Top 5 % of Total iss 14.5%).

Is there a measure that can summarize only the top/bottom products that are being displayed?

Link to download working dashboard with dynamic filters.

sum.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
qthuynh
Frequent Visitor

@v-jiascu-msft I'm not sure what happened with the other post. I've uploaded the PBIX file in the original post in Dropbox. You can download the file by clicking on the link.

Thank you.

@MattAllington I tried your suggestion, but only got the total, not subtotal of what's being shown on the screen.

Measure = CALCULATE ('Measure' [Measure Selection], 'Top'[Select View])

'Measure' is the switch statement for total savings and total spend 

'Top'[Select View] is the filter for 5, 10, 15

What you need to do is write a new measure that returns the total revenue without the top 5 filter applied. From there it is a simple division.

So you have a top 5 list of something. You need to remove the filters on that “something”

The general pattern to do this is a measure something like this

CALCULATE([Total Revenue], ALL(Table))

where table is the one that filters your original visual by rows. So if you are showing top products, the use the products table. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.