Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpincince
Frequent Visitor

Strange Behavior with Power BI Word Cloud Filter Interaction with Table Visual

I'm experiencing strange behavior with Word Cloud filtering interaction with a Table.

If I start with this arrangement:

Capture.PNG

If I then click on a "word" in the Word Cloud, the wrong table items are filtered. Like this:

(The IM02 in the table should be NC01...like what's in the Word Cloud.)

Capture.PNG

If I change the Word Cloud to a Slicer and pick the same "word", I get the correct table filtering interaction, like this...

Capture.PNG

Before you ask, I've got the visuals' interactions set up like this...which is the default:

(So it ought to be filtering correctly, I would think.)

Capture.PNG

Is there a known issue with the Word Cloud visual's filtering? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @v-shex-msft. I submitted the issue and kept searching.

I finally found this post from @Gopa: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/WordCloud-Visualization-is-not-Filtering-records-correctly/id.... It appears that having blanks in the list throws the Word Cloud visual off its game. (Thank you for the post @Gopa!)

@v-haibl-msft responded to @Gopa, "I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32963561." @v-haibl-msft said the fix had an ETA April 15, 2017. I guess that estimate was a bit off since it's now May 27, 2017.

Bottom line: For now, replacing the blanks with text makes the Word Cloud filter correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpincince,

I can't reproduce your issue, it works on my side, perhaps you can submit this issue and detail information to power bi custom visual team.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-shex-msft. I submitted the issue and kept searching.

I finally found this post from @Gopa: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/WordCloud-Visualization-is-not-Filtering-records-correctly/id.... It appears that having blanks in the list throws the Word Cloud visual off its game. (Thank you for the post @Gopa!)

@v-haibl-msft responded to @Gopa, "I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32963561." @v-haibl-msft said the fix had an ETA April 15, 2017. I guess that estimate was a bit off since it's now May 27, 2017.

Bottom line: For now, replacing the blanks with text makes the Word Cloud filter correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.