Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Story Telling just to show a measure

I have to do Power BI presentations that are spectacular, stunning... because they will be shown on TV monitors of my company.

I have seen that Power BI has very few other animated visual controls.
My presentations are perhaps too simple. Just a timeline with months and just a measure to show. There are no categories 

I do not know if Story Teller will be the most appropriate tool for this task. Could you give me some advice or idea?

Javier

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

The data storytelling tool was developed to realize the expressive potential of the timeline design space, combining a wide range of visual design ideas with modern techniques for presenting, annotating, and interacting with data. 

You should choose the tool according to the content you want to show others. I don't know what you want to show, so it's hard to give you advice.

For further, you could have a reference of the articles below to know when do you use Timeline storytelling is best. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/what-story-does-your-timeline-tell-introducing-the-timeline-storyteller-custom-visual-for-microsoft-power-bi/

https://devinknightsql.com/2017/10/02/power-bi-custom-visuals-class-module-71-timeline-storyteller/

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Thank you very much for your links- Unfortunatelly there so few videos about Storyteller that i've already seen them.

What I have to do is very simple. In the x-axis just to show the months of the year and in the y-axis to show a quantity. It is immediate just using a clustered column chart. But it is not animated....

For the animation I am thinking in in a graphic where each column is moving from zero to its value. Each column in a row.

Another idea would be a bubble moving from the its first value in the y-axis until the last value in the time-line (x-axis). I was trying  to do it with the visual "scatter chart" but it requieres 2 measures in both axes.

So my question is Would it be possible to paint these two simple graphics with Storyteller?

Many thanks in advance
Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.