Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kimmend
Frequent Visitor

Sorting in charts not working after April 18 update

I'm currently running Version: 2.57.5068.501 64-bit (April 2018), and noticed a bug when sorting a graph according to categories.

See the example graph below. If i want to sort my data according to the x-axis from A to Z, i would push the 'Sort by ABC' alternative, and the data should go from A, B, C etc... 

But Power BI doesn't sort the data alphabetically, instead it sorts it according to descending numeric values. If i try to select 'Sort by ABC' again it will sort the data alphabetically, but from Z to A instead of the other way around. If i try to sort again according to ABC, it will sort it in descending values.

Can somebody verify if they have the same problem? Is there a way to get around this issue?

Selecting the 'Sort by ABC' option to get the data to go from A to ZSelecting the 'Sort by ABC' option to get the data to go from A to ZThe graph doesn't sort according to ABC, instead it shows descending valuesThe graph doesn't sort according to ABC, instead it shows descending valuesTrying to select the ABC alternative again, it will sort the data alphabetically, but from Z to A.Trying to select the ABC alternative again, it will sort the data alphabetically, but from Z to A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kimmend,

That's just a little trick. When you click the "Sort by ABC", it will be highlighted. Then you can click the little icon in the head to switch sorting orders.

Sorting_in_charts_not_working_after_April_18_update

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kimmend,

That's just a little trick. When you click the "Sort by ABC", it will be highlighted. Then you can click the little icon in the head to switch sorting orders.

Sorting_in_charts_not_working_after_April_18_update

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft, this was too easy, now I feel a bit stupid.. 🙂 

I have a feeling that something has changed in this area in the update, because before you could select the 'Sort by ABC' again, and it would switch between ascending and descending sorting.

Anyhow, I kinda like the way it works now that I know about it 🙂

br,

Kim

Great tip, thanks Dale!!

TeaPea8

Im having the same issue with 100% stacked, its only allowing me to sort x-axis desc rather than being able to toggle between asc and desc.

I just tested and mine is working fine, as expected

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.