Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrNoob
Helper II
Helper II

Sorting columns by total size

Hello, So i am trying to sort my Bar chart by Total size of the charts, not the total size of one of the measure, The way i did with excel with PowerPivot was create a measure that added them all together then sorted by that one and colored it white, to hide it.  

Is there an easier way?

So with this, i want the combination of the 3 measures to be how i sort the bars.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrNoob

If you click the three dots in the top right hand corner, you may see some options to sort your data.  See if some of these help

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrNoob

If you click the three dots in the top right hand corner, you may see some options to sort your data.  See if some of these help

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

So this yes was technically the correct answer, but i was trying to do it with 3 separate measures, each bar was a separate and i wanted to sort by the total of those 3 numbers.  However, i was able to get to the correct format with filters.  Thanks for the help. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.