Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

psmith-nhs-inc
Helper III
Helper III

Snipping Tool vs Power BI Manage Relationships: Stop resetting the list

I have a lot of relationships.  Not all of them are active.

I am having a very bizzare problem that must be relationship oriented.  These can be difficult to diagnose, and I always start with the process of elimination.

I want to use the Snipping tool to get a quick reference for the way things are before I start changing things around.

When I open the manage relationships window, and scroll to the next page, Power BI scrolls back up to the top as soon as I try to activate the snipping tool. 

How can I turn that off?

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Oh, okay.  Have you tried using the "Delay" function on the Snipping tool?  It will allow you time to reset the relationship window before it "locks" the screen after you click "New".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not sure what you mean by "scroll to the next page".  My relationships view in PowerBI just has one big canvas.  As I scroll around, I can use the Snipping tool in the rectangular mode and snip whatever is showing without the relationship canvas doing any resetting.  As an alternative, you might want to try the Screen Clip tool in One Note.

I am not talking about the relationship canvas.  I am talking about the popup dialog box tha appears when you hit MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS from the ribbon.  If I scroll to the next page, as soon as Power BI loses Focus, it scrolls that window back up to the top.  As you can see, there is more than one page to scroll through in that Box.  But If I scroll down a page, as soon as I hit "New" in the snipping tool, Power BI scrolls the window back up to the top, making it impossible to capture anything other then the first few relationships.

Capture.PNG

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Oh, okay.  Have you tried using the "Delay" function on the Snipping tool?  It will allow you time to reset the relationship window before it "locks" the screen after you click "New".

Well that works, although it is a pain to have to play a game to get a screen shot.  The only reason a scroll bar should move is because the user is moving it.  It should never move on it's own.

Thanx

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors