Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moussab_orabi
Frequent Visitor

Slicer selected value

Hi every body, I am trying to read value selected from Slicer and use it as filter value in query.

this is my query:

sum_gesamtpreis = CALCULATE(SUM(umsatz[gesamtpreis]);umsatz[kunde]="20006")

instead of writing the customer number I want to choose it directly from Slicer
klaus umsatz plannung - Power BI Desktop_2017-04-26_13-35-48.jpg

Thanks for helping 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @moussab_orabi,

Could you please share sample data of your table and post the result you want to get with the sum_gesamtpreis measure? In your scenario, you can just create sum_gesamtpreis using DAX below, this way, as other post, when selecting different values in customer number slicer, the value of sum_gesamtpreis measure will be changed based on selected customer number.

sum_gesamtpreis = SUM(umsatz[gesamtpreis])

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia ,
I have 3 steps report,
in the first two steps I have to set some filters and this filter should affect the results in the third step so I don't have to reset them again.

BR,
Moussab

klaus_umsatz_plannung_Power_BI_Desktop_2017_04_27_12_48_47.jpgklaus_umsatz_plannung_Power_BI_Desktop_2017_04_27_12_45_01.jpgGreenshot_2017_04_27_12_44_16.jpg

Hi @moissab_orabi,

To my knowledge this is not.possible everyone as this requirement search in the idea forum and vote for that option.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @mpissab_orabi,

If you are using the customer name as a slicer all your report visuals will be sliced/filtered to the ones that correspond to the value on the slicer and you don't need to add it to your measure.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your replay.
what am I trying to do is making  slicer value readable from all reports sheets "pages" so  at the first page  I am trying to set the basics filters then this should affect  all the followed reports pages.

thats way I need to use it in the query.
BR,
Moussab

As far as I know, you cannot have the value of a dynamically selected value,  as the filter for other report pages. 

I have the same requirement too, so if someone can share how, would be great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.