Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naveen_Kumar
Employee
Employee

Slicer maximum value selected by default

By default maximum value should be selected in a slicer
example: My slicer values Slicer maximum value selected by default1.PNG

if a new value(High) is added then the slicer should become like Slicer maximum value selected by default.PNG automatically.

8 REPLIES 8
pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Naveen_Kumar

Is your issue solved..?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pxg08680  thank you, this was helpful!

As there is a change in our requiremnet, we are least bothered about the current issue.
Thanks for your concern.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Naveen_Kumar wrote:

By default maximum value should be selected in a slicer
example: My slicer values Slicer maximum value selected by default1.PNG

if a new value(High) is added then the slicer should become like Slicer maximum value selected by default.PNG automatically.

@Naveen_Kumar

AFAIK, it is not possible, you can check this idea Slicer default selected values and vote it up.

@Eric_Zhang

I have done it. Don't know whether it is a right way but it's working fine for me.

@pxg08680 wrote:

@Eric_Zhang

I have done it. Don't know whether it is a right way but it's working fine for me.

@pxg08680

Could you share me the pbix file? Does it even work when data refreshes?

@Eric_Zhang

Yes it works absolutely fine with data refresh.

I have few reports that run on DATE filter default selection to maxdate and this works same with other columns also.

I can give you my report as an example.

What my req is, by default the most recent date should be selected when I open the report.

STEP1:

Extract YEAR,MONTH,DAY from you dates and make the extracted column DAY as TEXT type.

STEP2:

Calculate max date from you available dates.

Capture.PNG

STEP3:

Create a new Column 

Capture.PNG

The above column gives you DAY column with maxday as CURRENT(AS for my req I had written as current).

STEP4:

Drop YEAR,Month,CurrentDay into HIERARCYSLICER(*as for my req)

Capture.PNGH

Here MAXDATE from my DATE is 11/7/2017. As for my req 7 is represented as Current.

I tried doing this with other columns also and it was working good.

Regards,

PXG08680

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Naveen_Kumar

You're trying to make a default selection for max slicer value when ever you open your report..

I fthis is what you are trying to do it,

Step 1:

Create a calculated column , find the max value for the column that is used by the slicer. 

This gives a new MAX column.

Step 2:

Create one more calculated column. Use IF statement, if the slicer column value is equal to MAX return that value, else return the rest of the values.

Step 3: Use the column that is obtained in Step2 as your new slicer column and keep the selection to the max value and save.

That's it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.