Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer forced single selection is not working with RLS

Hello All,

I have data where there are no of PM having multiple Project ID's.

I have created a report with RLS and shared with everyone who is there in PM list.

But here each pm having more than 2 projects.

So for selection of projects i have used chicklet slicer, so that user can easily select a project and see the visuals.

But here we didnt choose any project so all the charts and cards will be of  cumulative values of all the projects, which gives a wrong impression to the user.

So what i did is, i have choosen forced single selection in slicer options so that all the charts and cards will be discussing about only that single project.

14.PNG

But after pubishing this report to the service and sharing it with the respected PM's,

here the user who is having that auto selected project id will be able to see the complete dashboard or report.

But the rest of the PM's wont, all the charts and cards are showing blanks and even there are no projects in the slicer list.

Is there any better way to do this.

Any suggestions.

Mohan V

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I haven't reproduced your issue. I created a report with RLS configured and force single selection set on Chiclet slicer. The users I shared with can only view their own data.

I think the issue might be your row level filter, please remove the Chiclet slicer to see if the RLS works for those "shared with" users. If not, please verify your row level filter expressions.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.