Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

melanieruiz
Regular Visitor

Slicer filter another slicer

Hi all. I just started using Power BI yesterday. I'm trying to build a report which contains a couple different slicers - Project and Employee. Currently, if I click on an Employee, it filters the rest of the visuals, including the Project slicer. However, when I click on a Project, it only filters the visuals but not the Employee slicer. I've edited the interactions of both slicers and they look like they should be filtering each other. Any ideas why this isn't working both ways? (I added the Employee slicer first, if that makes a difference).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@melanieruiz

It sounds like that you're not setting a "both" cross filter direction.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@melanieruiz

It sounds like that you're not setting a "both" cross filter direction.

Capture.PNG

Perfect, v-lvzhan-msft. That was it. I knew it had to be something simple.  Thanks!

Where is this interaction handled in Power BI desktop? I was trying to solve this same problem, but I don't see where you were able to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Jim

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Jim. 

if your data is available through Power BI then you should be able to access the relationships by clicking on the bottom of the 3 icons in the top left. 

rel.PNG

however, if your Power BI uses AS as a data source then it cannot be accessed in this way. 

Dog. 

Yes, we're using AS as the data source. I'm bumping into lots of issues related to that. Thank you and I appreciate the note.

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Jim, 

No problem. Are you currently managing the model through visual studio or similar. 

if that's the case, you should be able to amend the relationships through that. 

Dog

Hi! I'm having the same problem but both slicers are from the same table. I have a field that contains dates and from this i'm doing two slicers:

the first one is with the field without hierarchy and the other one is with hierarchy. it look like this:Final.JPG

When I filter by  2015 the filter without hierarchy doesn't change and the same with other years. Also, if I use a page level filter both slicer doesn't change. Why is happening that? 

Julian

@Juramirez

I am also facing the same issue.Can anybody help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.