Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Help

I have this table:

1.PNG

As you can see an account will have 2 managers. They typically will be the same person if there are 2 assigned to a company, however there are instances where they are mix and matched or there's just one manager. What I'm trying to figure out is a way to build a slicer that when selecting a person's name, any account with their name on it is returned, whether they are the Flex manager, Cobra manager, or both. Is this possible? I do not want 2 slicers for each person because it splits the data out when I'm just looking for overall stats by a person's name.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Create an extra table to list all available slicer selections. Here I renamed the column with [Items]. Later, you need to add [Items] into slicer.

slicer selection =
UNION (
    VALUES ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] ),
    EXCEPT ( VALUES ( 'sample data'[Flex AM] ), VALUES ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] ) )
)

Then, create a measure.

flag =
IF (
    (
        IF (
            SELECTEDVALUE ( 'sample data'[Flex AM] )
                = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'slicer selection'[Items] ),
        )
            || IF (
                SELECTEDVALUE ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] )
                    = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'slicer selection'[Items] ),
            )
    )
        = TRUE (),
)

Add [flag] to visual level filters.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you @v-yulgu-msft. This works perfectly except for one thing. So I keep a table of the active clients and I keep a count on the side:

1.PNG

As you can see its 2157. When I apply the flag, the number goes down to 1957:

1.PNG

When I flip it to 0 to see why this is happening, it gives me the 200 accounts that are missing. The only pattern I can see is that they are all accounts with 2 people that are the same person:

1.PNG

Do you know how I can fix it from here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.