Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhavesh-jadav
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer Group with Bookmarks

Hello there,

I have two field which are not related to each other but have same data. I want to sync them i.e. when I select one value in one of the field it should also be selected in second field. For this I am using 2 slicers with Slicer Group where you can specify group for a slicer and all slicer in that group will sync. Now I am using Bookmarks to hide one of the slicer based on user selection. The problem is that when I hide one of the slicer with bookmark, the syncing disappears and as soon as I show slicer back with bookmark the syncing appears. Please see below gif for more understanding.slicer_group_problem.gif

Is this intended behaviour or is there a bug? I really want to use slicers this way in one of my requirement. If anyone have any idea about this please let me know. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bhavesh-jadav,

Based on my test, all slicer within the same group will sync in current BookMark. That is to say, the the syncing won't keep state when we switch between different bookmarks.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft is there a workaround for this? I believed that bookmarks should keep state of slicers irrespective of if they are using grouping or not. But in this case it is reseting when I use slicer groups. The scenario that I menitoned in the question is one of the best scenario where slicer grouping can be used. Based on your answer, do I have to show multiple slicers to user with same values just because slicer grouping does not work with bookmarks? Please help me with the solution.

Hi @bhavesh-jadav,

After I unchecked the Data section on each bookmark, the slicer selection retained when I switched across bookmarks. Please set the same the option property ("Display", "Current Page" and "All Visuals") as below to see if it works in your scenario.

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

What you are saying works perfectly if we are not using Slicer Group under Advance Slicer Syncing feature which came out in May. In the GIF that I attached in original post. You can see that I have unchecked Data Bookmarks.

After further testing I found out that it is not woking with SSAS Multidimensional Live connection but when I do import query, It is working. I do no understand this strage behaviour. I can not share PBIX file as it is live connection. Can you test this with live connection?. Make sure to apply Slicer Grouping feature if you are testing.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, did you get the solution? I am also facing the same issue. I cannot group slicers in bookmark as it gets reset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.