Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simplifying Count

I have this table:

1.PNG

For each one of these categories, they have their own formulas that all look like this:

1.PNG
2.PNG

Which all are displayed on 2 separate graphs like this:

1.PNG

Now, what I'm trying to figure out how to do is to simplify this process. It currently works as intended, but I'm sure there's a way to gather these counts and percentages without having to give each category 2 of it's own formulas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Very likely as you can display an aggregation as "Percent of Grand Total". If you have your groups, why do you need an individual calculation for each category count versus a measure that is simply "Measure = COUNT('Case'[CaseNumber])" The context of the measure in the visualization should relegate this to the correct "Origin" if you have Origin as the Legend for example.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Very likely as you can display an aggregation as "Percent of Grand Total". If you have your groups, why do you need an individual calculation for each category count versus a measure that is simply "Measure = COUNT('Case'[CaseNumber])" The context of the measure in the visualization should relegate this to the correct "Origin" if you have Origin as the Legend for example.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler You're right! I always realize the answer to my question right after asking. Thanks Greg!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.