Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chefe
Helper II
Helper II

Simple relationship does not work (1 fact table, 1 lookup table)

Hi there,

• I have a data/fact table called "IR positions MTM", containing transactions data for several days, including a field which represents the date on which the transaction is settled.
  • Also, there is a date table (lookup table) "Calendar - settlement dates". Marked as Date table in SSDT.
  • I have connected both tables with a 1:many relationship. I made sure both fields are of type "date".

So far so good. However, the relationship does not seem to work. I don't know why.

There are two measures: 

1. on the fact table itself using the MAX function to get the latest [period_settlement_date]
  2. on the date table, using the LASTDATE function (also tried the MAX function here, didn't work either)

The problem is that only #1 works. #2 always shows the absolutely last entry in the date table. Even trying LASTDATE(ALLSELECTED(...)) didn't work.

I have attached a screenshot to this setup below. Does anyone spot the problem? This is driving me crazy, far more complex calculations work, but this doesn't... 😕

Kind regards, chefe

2017-04-07 10_46_32-chec_spot_valuta.xlsx - Excel.png

3 REPLIES 3
chefe
Helper II
Helper II

P.S.: 

does it it matter where (on what table that is) the measure is stored?

Apparently not, have tried inputting the formulas into both tables as a measure. Doesn't work either.

Hi @chefe,

Could you please post expected result here?  Do you want to calculate max date of fact table using LASTDATE function? If so, please create measure using DAX below.

LastDate = LASTDATE(IR positions MTM[period_settlement_date])

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.