Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lszymanski

Show percentage of rows on matrix.

Newbie here.  Is it possible to show the percentage of each row in a matrix?  

This is my report: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYTc5YTRiODctOGMyMy00NDM0LTk3YzMtZTA3OTg2NzI2NDk3IiwidCI6Ijg5M...

My Measure is: % of Students with IEP = DIVIDE(SUM('Sheet1'[Count of IEP]),(SUM('Sheet1'[Count of students])))

The option of the Students with IEP field is SUM and the Show value as is Percent of row total

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lszymanski,

Of course, you can add a percentage of row in matrix. But from your report, I don't see [Count of IEP] column, and please give an example to list how to calculate and the expected result based on your data, so that we can post solution which is close to your requirement.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thank you for the reply.  I added a column "Out of District w IEP", which is a sum from my spreadsheet.  I need the percentage of students who are 'Out of District w IEP' for the Submitting Entity Code at the parent level and the child level, which is the Resident LEA Number 

For example, for submitting entity code 3080 the calculation is;  35/855 = 4.09%

For the child submitting entity code of 3050 (below the 3080 code), it should be 22/177=12.42%

My measure is "% Out of District with IEP = DIVIDE('Sheet1'[Out of District w IEP],'Sheet1'[Count of students])"

The measure is set to "Sum" and I've tried setting the Show Value as all 4 of the options, however I do not get the correct results.  I've refreshed the published report at; https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/ec680284-ac2d-4541-9a61-78ece799baed/ReportSection

LeAnn

Hi @lszymanski,

Got it. I can not view your report in second link, I got the following error message. Do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis? You can share it by private message or create fake data if your data is confidential.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.