Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bridgewater
Frequent Visitor

Separating Sub Groups from Main Groups for Sales Totals

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet with columns for our sales teams, those teams' subteams (if any) and the sales amount. I've attached an example spreadsheet for reference. My issue is this: I need to get the spreadsheet in sheet 1 to look like sheet 2 in Power BI. In other words, I need team and subteam totals displayed in one, easy-to-read table and/or chart. Example Spreadsheet

What you will notice is in Sheet 2 the Totals for Subteams D1 and D2 make up the aggregate total for Team D, however, they are still displayed and ranked in order with the rest of the teams.

I've tried different measures, calculated columns, and even a new calculated table but I keep getting stuck. 

Any help on this will be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Bridgewater

I created a calcualted table using the following approach and I think it is close

Table 3 = 
VAR SalesSubTeam =  FILTER(Table1,'Table1'[Sales Sub Team] <> BLANK())
RETURN 
 GROUPBY(
                UNION (
				SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Sales Team",[Sales Team] , "Sales Amount" , [Sale Amount]) ,
				SELECTCOLUMNS(SalesSubTeam,"Sales Team",[Sales Sub Team] , "Sales Amount" , [Sale Amount])
				),
                 [Sales Team],
                 "Sales Amount",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales Amount])
                 )

union.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Bridgewater

I created a calcualted table using the following approach and I think it is close

Table 3 = 
VAR SalesSubTeam =  FILTER(Table1,'Table1'[Sales Sub Team] <> BLANK())
RETURN 
 GROUPBY(
                UNION (
				SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Sales Team",[Sales Team] , "Sales Amount" , [Sale Amount]) ,
				SELECTCOLUMNS(SalesSubTeam,"Sales Team",[Sales Sub Team] , "Sales Amount" , [Sale Amount])
				),
                 [Sales Team],
                 "Sales Amount",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales Amount])
                 )

union.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark thank you for your help! Sorry it took me so long to respond. This worked wonderfully. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.