Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dseppi
Frequent Visitor

Seeing a new field in old query

Hi -

I pull data via a rest API from our CRM Dynamics. 

I created a new field in Dynamics and I need to see that field in an existing query in PowerBI that I have manipulated quite a bit already. Should I create a new query in order to see that field? I tried refreshing the preview but the field still did not appear...

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dseppi wrote:

Hi -

I created a new field in Dynamics and I need to see that field in an existing query in PowerBI that I have manipulated quite a bit already. Should I create a new query in order to see that field? I tried refreshing the preview but the field still did not appear...

Any thoughts?

@dseppi

The refresh ususally won't reflect the metadata changes like adding a new column. Please go to the Query Editor to check steps one by one, ususally the change would reflect in the "Source" step.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dseppi wrote:

Hi -

Any thoughts?

@dseppi

The refresh ususally won't reflect the metadata changes like adding a new column. Please go to the Query Editor to check steps one by one, ususally the change would reflect in the "Source" step.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.