Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching among many rows?

Dear Everybody,

I am currently looking for a formula to create a column which will check a specific number of columns and report 1 if there is 'Mismatch' in ANY of them (and otherwise report 0)? Doing some quality checks. 

Something that also would be nice is to report how many mismatches were found per row.

Prehistory: i have many columns with match/mismatch as values, and i would like to oversee all of the possible mismatches. So even when only 1 column has a mismatch, it should be noticed. But i am lost with formulas:(

Any hints? 

P.S.

Also if you know any tutorials which will have useful formulas in them, it will be appreciated. I have completed all the beginner courses, but when it comes to makes something really custom-made i am getting stuck. 

Many thanks,

Masha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

You may also try COUNTROWS Function and FILTER Function.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now typing it i realized i could have just used 1 and 0 instead of match and mismatch and match, and then add them up.. But i would still like to know a more sofisticated way of doing it. 

@Anonymous,

You may also try COUNTROWS Function and FILTER Function.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.