Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Santoshgv2
Employee
Employee

Scrolling Text Visual (Custom Visual) is not working in Power BI Desktop and Service

Hi All,

We, from TaaS Engineering team are using Scrolling Text Visual ( Custom Visual) in our reports. Currently the visual is not working in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

We have data available and we can able to see when we selected other graphs. But for Scrolling text visual, data is not showing up.

Really appreciate if someone could help here.

Scrolling Text Custom VisualScrolling Text Custom Visual

Thanks,
Santosh GV

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Several weeks ago a change was made to the PowerBI software. My scrolling ticker tape stopped working. I contacted the creator and he changed the code to match whatever change was made to PowerBI and re uploaded it to GITHub. I simply had to redownload it from GITHub and re import it into my report. It has been functioning appropriately since then. If you have not redownloaded during the last couple of weeks, this should solve your problem.

The only reason I knew to contact him (Fredrik Heden) was that another custom visual stopped working at the same time and the 'bug' was posted in another quesiton on this site.

Unfortunately, there is no mechanism in place to announce updates to the visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Dear @kcantor

Thanks lot for your detailed respone. I have re downloaded the visual and its working perfectly fine now.

Many thanks for your swift response.

Best Regards,
Santosh GV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
davebarton75

hi all,

i think i have a similar problem and wonder if anyone can see my error.

I am trying to use the scrolling custom visual to show actual sales Vs target but also show by Quarter. 

As an example the QTR target is the same for each quarter - 125 . then use the scroll to show £125 : £130  (if £5 over) 

Thanks in advance

David

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Several weeks ago a change was made to the PowerBI software. My scrolling ticker tape stopped working. I contacted the creator and he changed the code to match whatever change was made to PowerBI and re uploaded it to GITHub. I simply had to redownload it from GITHub and re import it into my report. It has been functioning appropriately since then. If you have not redownloaded during the last couple of weeks, this should solve your problem.

The only reason I knew to contact him (Fredrik Heden) was that another custom visual stopped working at the same time and the 'bug' was posted in another quesiton on this site.

Unfortunately, there is no mechanism in place to announce updates to the visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Dear @kcantor

Thanks lot for your detailed respone. I have re downloaded the visual and its working perfectly fine now.

Many thanks for your swift response.

Best Regards,
Santosh GV

jcapezzuto
Resolver I
Resolver I

You should also contact the development team for this feature: https://github.com/fredrikheden/PowerBI-visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.