Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alext89

Scatter Chart Query

Hi There, 

I have loaded a CSV into Power BI desktop. Each of the KPI's are a different row in the CSV however that means all the values are in the same column, so when i go to plot a scatter chart i cant plot one of the KPI's against another. I thought there might be a way to have different filters for the x and y axis but i cant seem to find it. Anyone got any ideas? 

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @alext89,

>> Each of the KPI's are a different row in the CSV however that means all the values are in the same column.

It's confusng, in your resource data table, there must have many different rows in one column, when you load it into Power BI desktop, there are still in one column. Why you said "all the values are in the same column", they should not in one column?

When you create a scatter chart, you can filter the value by "visual level filters" highlighted in red line.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Aneglia

yes the CSV is set out like this:

MonthMetricValue
JanMetric 13
JanMetric 24
JanMetric 32
FebMetric 15
FebMetric 22
FebMetric 34
MarMetric 11
MarMetric 24
MarMetric 32

I want to be able to plot for example metric 2 as the x axis and metric 1 as the y axis for each month. Does that make more sense?

Hi @alext89,

As I testet, it we are unable to get what you want. It makes no sense in PowerBI visual.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.