Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DallasSalazar
Frequent Visitor

SandDance Relationship AND/OR Data Exclusion Issue

Hello, 

I'm using the most recent edition of the SandDance plug and I'm having the following issue: 

When working with two data-sets (say, natural gas pricing AND equity pricing for a natural gas producer) that share a basic data point (like "date") - in "Stacks" view (within the SandDance plug) - if one of the data-sets [the natural gas pricing] pre-dates the other data-set (the equity pricing) I get a large stack column (within "Stacks" view of the SandDance plug) that has "null" values. Obviously, this skews the visual.

Is this a relationship issue of some sort? I would think not given that I'm only using two data-sets and that the relationship 1) auto-detects correctly AND 2) even when I manually complete the relationshiop --- it's a pretty basic relationship (i.e. I feel I'm competently forming the relationship between date/date of the two data-sets). 

I'll try to experiment and solve on my own. If I find a solution, I'll respond with the solution. If others know of the solution --- the solution for excluding the "null" data values please post. This will greatly assist me on a go-forward basis. 

ALSO: I am using both data-sets (each with only two colums of data) in "table" format (which was a solution to another SandDance issue that Lukasz was kind enough and innovative enough to help me solve) prior to and upon data upload from Excel to PBI.

Thanks, 

Dallas

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DallasSalazar,

If hard for us to get your issue base don your description. Could you please provide us a screenshot about your issue, or provide us some sample data, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.