Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lalitmohan
Regular Visitor

SQL query to SSAS data source

Hi,

I have a SSAS data source. However during connect PBI desktop the system only permits a MDX or DAX script to pull data. But I have a SQL query to pull the required information. How can this be done?

Thanks in adavnce

Regards

Lalit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lalitmohan,

In this scenario, I don't think there is currently a better way but to convert the SQL query to MDX, then use it with Power BI to get the data. Here is a good article about comparison of Queries Written in T-SQL and SQL Server MDX for your reference. 

In addition, I would suggest you add using SQL query with Power BI SSAS connector as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lalitmohan,

In this scenario, I don't think there is currently a better way but to convert the SQL query to MDX, then use it with Power BI to get the data. Here is a good article about comparison of Queries Written in T-SQL and SQL Server MDX for your reference. 

In addition, I would suggest you add using SQL query with Power BI SSAS connector as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.