Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deepan
Regular Visitor

SQL Server Reporting Services 2017 Jan Preview - not identified in Power BI

I created a Power BI report and tried to save as SQL Server Reporting Services. But when I enter the report server address in that field it says "This URL is not a valid report server address". But I can see the URL in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and when I type the URL in the browser I am able to see the portal. The URL looks like this:

http://desktop-myservername/Reports/

1. What am I doing wrong?

If I understand the concept of Power BI reports in SQL Server Reporting Services, It can be used on-premises right?

2. So, can I publish the Power BI report to my SQL Server Reporting Services and include the report in an iframe in my ASP.NET MVC application that I have hosted in my IIS server?. Basically can I do all of this without having an online Power BI subscription? If yes, how? I can't find any documentation on this. If no why? What's the purpose of "BI reports in SQL Server Reporting Services".

3. Is there any other way to display Power BI reports (on-premises SQL Server datasource) in my ASP.NET Application hosted on my IIS Server without publishing to the internet?

My Reporting Server Version When I go to : http://myserver/ReportServer

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 13.0.4001.0

3 REPLIES 3
apate277
Frequent Visitor

2 issues. 

1. The pbix file fails to "Save As SQL server reporting service ". Indicates that URL is not a valid report server address. However the same URL works well in browser.

2. PBIX file uploaded within SSRS browser doesnt preview at all. Upon clicking it just downloads. Is it still under beta testing. I asked this because I wanted to use this for my project.

rbeainy

Gentlemen,

I have the same issue; and i installed January Preview, but the problem persists.

Any input please?

Thanks,

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors