Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP HANA Navigator

Hello, Im trying to make dicret connection to my sap hana express. I got the connection and it seems that everyting is going well(Or that's what i believe) . Anyway after i connect to the sap hana database, and in the Navigator window I only see the Contents Folder, no tables nothing...!!
adasd.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, ya the answer was right! 

The sulotion was actually there, just install the Client of SAP HANA 

and add that connection to ODBC Administrator with correct ip and port which usually 3<instance number> 13  (ip:3<IN>13)

and I choose the system username and password "Not the best choice " and when the connection succeed, just in the Get Data in Power bi choose Other-> ODBC .
That is how did it work for me . 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, ya the answer was right! 

The sulotion was actually there, just install the Client of SAP HANA 

and add that connection to ODBC Administrator with correct ip and port which usually 3<instance number> 13  (ip:3<IN>13)

and I choose the system username and password "Not the best choice " and when the connection succeed, just in the Get Data in Power bi choose Other-> ODBC .
That is how did it work for me . 

Hi @Anonymous ,

I know this is pretty old post. But if it happens you look this message now, can you elaborate on "Add that connection to ODBC administrator"? I have SAP HANA Studio installed in my laptop and tried through Other --> ODBC in Power BI. But no luck. I am not clear on what to pass or how Power BI determines the system to connect to (Dev / QA / Prod)? More light on this will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Phani

dexterz
Helper II
Helper II

you can only see the cube in contents by hana drive.

want to see the table should through the odbc drive.

Hi, 

I am facing same issue & able to connect using ODBC, Though with ODBC connection, i can see all the raw data tables not the polished tables, as i can see in many tutorial videos. When i check with Hana connector, the screenshot given above is on my screen, No Cube is visible, but i can see the cubes in different packages in hana studio. it looks like it is priviledge issues, but i am not sure what priviledge i shoudl eb asking from hana team. Please suggest

@dexterz wrote:

you can only see the cube in contents by hana drive.

want to see the table should through the odbc drive.

@dexterz

Thanks for that information! Is there any documentation talking about this limitation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.