Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP BW Import - Format of Numeric Fields Issue

I am having an issue properly importing sales from a SAP BW connection.  As shown below, when the Actual Pounds are being pulled in, most results appear with multiple decimal points.  This occurs in all fields inputted, like Net Sales, Gross Sales, Open Orders, etc.  What can be causing this and is there a solution?

Actuals Issues.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a solution in this official documentation: powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector. Please reference it for details. I quote the solution here:

>>>To solve this error, users must ask their SAP admin to grant the SAPBW user being used in Power BI the right to execute BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL. It’s also worth verifying that the user has the required DCPFM value, as described earlier in this troubleshooting solution.

And other reference about restrictions: powerbi-desktop-directquery-sap-bw.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a solution in this official documentation: powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector. Please reference it for details. I quote the solution here:

>>>To solve this error, users must ask their SAP admin to grant the SAPBW user being used in Power BI the right to execute BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL. It’s also worth verifying that the user has the required DCPFM value, as described earlier in this troubleshooting solution.

And other reference about restrictions: powerbi-desktop-directquery-sap-bw.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx...great info...I will pass on to IT.

Hi,

Did this resolve your issue? We also have the same issue and we gave the authorzation for this BAPI but still the decimal notation problem is there. But for users with full admin rights in SAP BW the notation is ok. The default values for both users are same.

Is there any other authorization to be given?

Regards,

Niroshini

Anonymous
Not applicable

We ended up with a strange situation that my supervisor was able to pull in the data into Power BI without the multiple decimal points whereas nobody else could.  In the end our IT department figued out it was an SAP role issue.  They made adjustments to the roles of the non-supervisorial staff and the decimal point issue went away.

Now its working. Think clearing the cache resolved the issue.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi   @Anonymous,

No need worry. You have an option to change the data type in Power BI query editor. You will either convert it to the whole number or decimal number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It actually errors out because of the figures with the multiple decimal points.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.