Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ababneh
Frequent Visitor

Retrieving Details of Rank 1 Row

Hey all, this is my second message, which the first one was very successful thanks to the best members for the world 🙂

Okay, What I have done is get the top rank of employees based on there average score (because they try more than once):

Employee ID

Name

Email

Score

Henry Henry

henryhenry@email.com

Joseph Joseph

josephjoseph@email.com

Michael Michael

michaelmichael@email.com

Sam Sam

samsam@email.com

George George

georgegeorge@email.com

Henry Henry

henryhenry@email.com

Joseph Joseph

josephjoseph@email.com

Michael Michael

michaelmichael@email.com

Sam Sam

samsam@email.com

George George

georgegeorge@email.com

Henry Henry

henryhenry@email.com

Joseph Joseph

josephjoseph@email.com

Michael Michael

michaelmichael@email.com

Sam Sam

samsam@email.com

What I did to get the first rank is:

1. Make a new measure:
    • Average Score = AVERAGE(Sheet1[Score])
  2. Then a new measure to rank them: 
    • Score Rank = CALCULATE(RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Name]),[Average Score],,0,Dense))
  3. It gave rank 1 to Henry Henry

What I want is, to make 2 cards, one card has the highest "Average Score" (Score Rank = 1) (35), and another card with the name of the highest "Average Score" (Score Rank = 1) (Henry Henry).

Tried doing this: Adding the name to the card as "Fields" and then add "Score Rank" measure to "Visual Level Filters" to equel it as 1 to give me the name of "Henry Henry", but for some reason, it won't let me edit "Score Rank"

A bit of detail to your answer would be appreciated.

Thank you guys, I'm have been trouble I know 🙂
Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

Please excuse, but I do not understand the requirement you describe in your latest post, I was able to solve a similar requirement like yours, using two visulas by using a clustered column chart, instead two cards I used one chart, here is the result

2017-09-24_8-53-05.png

If this is what you are looking inspect the formating options of the chart, the pbix file is here have a look at report page 2.

If it's not what you are looking for, please provide some sample data (sharing a link to your pbix on onedrive or sharepoint) and it would by really helpful if you also share some images, how your chart / visuals should look like.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ababneh
Frequent Visitor

No one? Please I need your help!

Hey,

I had my issues with the card visual myself.

But I was able to use a simple column chart, in your case you would use name on the axis and average score as value, use score rank as visual filter, then you have to start playing with the formatting options of the column chart, eg

• hiding the y axis
  • and other stuff like that

Hope this helps somehow

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

There is bar showing... How can I make a column that calculates summation then another column that averages it based on the name not total values, then another column to Rank them, then when I add a card then add a column as a filter I can manipulate it.

Hey,

Please excuse, but I do not understand the requirement you describe in your latest post, I was able to solve a similar requirement like yours, using two visulas by using a clustered column chart, instead two cards I used one chart, here is the result

2017-09-24_8-53-05.png

If this is what you are looking inspect the formating options of the chart, the pbix file is here have a look at report page 2.

If it's not what you are looking for, please provide some sample data (sharing a link to your pbix on onedrive or sharepoint) and it would by really helpful if you also share some images, how your chart / visuals should look like.

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

It worked just how I wanted it 🙂 Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.