Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snhoe
Frequent Visitor

Resfreshing tables refreshes tables other than specified

When I take the time to check/uncheck which tables I want to include in the table refresh, I expect Power BI to limit the table refreshes to just those tables.  Sometimes it does not and chooses a seemingly random list of tables to update.

Details -

The source is SQL Server.

The operation is import, not live.

The tables in question have millions of rows or just a handful.

I'm using Power BI Desktop.

How do I ensure that just the tables I want refreshed are refreshed, because right-mousing over the queries in Edit Queries and checking/unchecking the "Include in refresh" in the context menu is not reliable.

Sean

2 REPLIES 2
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

If the queries that you are refreshing make any reference to other queries, those will also have to refresh. Aside from that, it's hard to give specific reasons without knowing more about these queries that you don't expect to refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

It's not really hard.

I want Power BI to only refresh what I want refreshed.  If there's a dependancy, allow me to uncheck that, at least for the current refresh request, if not permanently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.