Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

afedianine
Regular Visitor

Request for help

Good afternoon!

2 things I would like to get help with if I may:

1. My company's financial reporting software produced reports there yearly data is broken out by month in columns, like "Jan", "Feb" and on. Thing is - when I convert the reports in proper data set in Power BI, it does not recongnize 3 letter month "Jan", "Feb" and so on as month, and only as text. Is there conversion function? I can use conditinal column of course if nothing else.

2. In the new matrix preview feature, if I list all the GL accounts as rows, but want to filter out most of the and only leave few, such as Gross profit, Revenue and Net income. Power BI shows those rows alphabetically, but can I change, so Revenue goes first, then Gross Profit, then Net Income?

THank you for any help!

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @afedianine,

1. Is there date column in your dataset? Which kind of month did you want to place in the report, month name or month number? Can you share some sample data and desired results for our analysis?

2. Do you mean the GL accounts is a column field which you placed in matrix Row Groups, and this column has Gross profit, Revenue and Net income values? The row group column field values is sorting by the first character from A-Z automatically. I'm afraid we can't achieve this requirement currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.