Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WIREDOG

Reporting Average Monthly Spend to obtain Monthly Runrate

I have a Table that shows itemized Store expenses by date.  I have added a Measured Column that shows a Three-Month Average Run rate.  (I also have a necessary dim.date table to allow me date calculations.)  The run rate works well at the most granular level--

• Store
  • Account Numbers (not Displayed)
  • Date
  • Spend ($)
  • MEASURED COLUM: Three-Month Average Run Rate

1.JPG

However, I would like to be able to see the Three-Month Average Run rate at the store level without the [Account Numbers], so a Run Rate at a store level as a whole.  So--

• Store
  • Month
  • Total Monthly Spend
  • Three-Month Average Run Rate

The problem I am running into is that the Monthly Run rate is off when there are more that one [Spend] value in a month.  It appears to be averaging the total number of [Spend] values as opposed to Totaling the [Spend] in a month FIRST, then giving an average over the number of Months.

2.JPG

Is there a function that allows me to do see the MONTHLY Average Run rate while still retaining the ability to get to the granular level data if I need to investigate?

Thank you,

Ben

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @WIREDOG,

Please share sample data of original data table, instead of visual data. Also, please illustrate your desired result with examples.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.