Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

i1
Frequent Visitor

Report level measure not autoupdating

Hi, 

I have created a report in PBI desktop with report level measures using a live connection to a SSAS tabular model. I have then published this report. My issue is that the report level measures do not get updated automatically, while the rest of the report updates as expected using the data from the tabular model.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you very much!

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @i1,

Based on my test, the report level measure works fine after publishing reports to service. Also, I didn't get any error when pinning visual which contains report level measure to a dashboard.

You said the measure didn't autoupdate, did you update the underline data in SSAS model or update the table structure? After making any changes to tabular model, did you make any changes to report itself? And republish the report to service? On service site, click the refersh button manually, was the value of measure refeshed?

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The underlying tabular model has been updated. All other visuals (including just measures from the tabular model) update as usual.

i1
Frequent Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft Also, the manual refresh works. Only the autoupdate is broken and dashboard tiles are broken. I tried also to connect to PBI service (instead of SSAS analysis services) when building the report. Have the same issue with both of the datasources... 

Hi @i1,

Did you get any error message?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

I have the same problem and also when I pin any tile that contains this measure I get dashboard error with unrecognizal dimension. 

Did you try to pin any tile with this measure to dashboard ? 

i1
Frequent Visitor

I did and the exaxt same thing happens to me

Unfortunately I didn't recieve any solution for that so far 😕 

I have to create measures on SSAS tabular model so that they work with my reports ... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.