Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panipat1990
Helper III
Helper III

Removing duplicate data

Dear Team,

Kindly Help me For Removing Duplicate Data.

DateSaleArt
01-04-2018100A
02-04-2018200B
03-04-2018300C
04-04-2018400D
05-04-2018500E
06-04-2018600F
01-04-2018400A

In Report Making 01-04-2018, It Show Only 400 Sale means Updated Records..How to Show

Kindly Help me

I read Many Thread And i Saw Below Steps But i am not understanding how to apply thses Steps

1. Use CONTAINS function to get the records which both contain the two keys.(duplicate records)
2. Filter inactive records from above records.(inactive records of duplicate records)
3. Use EXCEPT function to exclude the inactive records from original records, then you will get the active records and unique records which you want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the query editor, you add an index-column:

image.png

Check the new index-column and sort descending:

image.png

Edit the formula in the formula bar to this (otherwise the sort-order will not be kept):

image.png

Check columns "Date" and "Art", and remove duplicates:

image.png

This is the code that you can paste into the advanced editor to follow the steps along:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("Xc6xDcAgDETRXVyDZINBtCQhSyD2XyPWWXKR5opXnP7exJJZswxKJMy2k04yLsEFfDnX4Aq+nTVYwY9zC27g5dyDO/h1lt+JlZwP", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Date = _t, Sale = _t, Art = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Date", type date}, {"Sale", Int64.Type}, {"Art", type text}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 1, 1),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Buffer(Table.Sort(#"Added Index",{{"Index", Order.Descending}})),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Sorted Rows", {"Date", "Art"})
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Floriankx
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If your aim is to have 500 as Output you just need to SUM(Table[Sales]).

As long as you don't need any extraordinaries this should do the job.

If not please give as further information how your result should look like.

Best regards.

I know it . ..but my requirement is if user select 01-04 then it show 400 . ..means value should be replaced . ...I did another tool . .I used for getting this code . ..where not exists ()...
but in power bi I do not know . ........I saw three steps . .I sent already . .but how these steps applied . ....kindly help me

Anyone know this that how to show update record . ....

Kindly Tell me

Dear Xiaoxin Sheng,

How to apply these three steps...Kindly tell me 

In the query editor, you add an index-column:

image.png

Check the new index-column and sort descending:

image.png

Edit the formula in the formula bar to this (otherwise the sort-order will not be kept):

image.png

Check columns "Date" and "Art", and remove duplicates:

image.png

This is the code that you can paste into the advanced editor to follow the steps along:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("Xc6xDcAgDETRXVyDZINBtCQhSyD2XyPWWXKR5opXnP7exJJZswxKJMy2k04yLsEFfDnX4Aq+nTVYwY9zC27g5dyDO/h1lt+JlZwP", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Date = _t, Sale = _t, Art = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Date", type date}, {"Sale", Int64.Type}, {"Art", type text}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 1, 1),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Buffer(Table.Sort(#"Added Index",{{"Index", Order.Descending}})),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Sorted Rows", {"Date", "Art"})
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi,

When i load Next 4-Feb-2018 Value 

Date                       Sale               Art

4-Feb-2018            900                B

After Refresh it should be 900 Sale means update record..

But it is showing 200..you Sent me it is working only first row..But i want to update any row..Kindly Help Me

Sorry It's Working.Thanks

Hi,

How can i make a composite key in power Query editaor Means Date&'-'&Art    01-04-2016&'-'&A

How can i make..Kindly help me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors