Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove gateway configurations and data source when resource key is not available

Hi,

There is a weird scenario where a contractor who worked on Power BI has left the organization.

He used Personal Gateway to refresh data. 

Resource Key was not shared and hence is unavailable. So "Take over" option is ruled out.

I do not mind re-configuring data source  or if it needs to be deleted. But then, how can I remove the existing gateway configuration for the data source.

Note: There are other administrators for the group workspace. But then the data source is not visible to them.

Thanks,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have confirmed that the Product Team are working on adding the option to delete the personal gateway, so the user won't see it in the UI even after they've uninstalled it(there is no ETA currently). Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have confirmed that the Product Team are working on adding the option to delete the personal gateway, so the user won't see it in the UI even after they've uninstalled it(there is no ETA currently). Smiley Happy

Regards

I would suggest contacting your org's Office365 admin as they can likely look into the permissions/access within the workgroup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dkay84_PowerBI

Thanks for the quick response. I agree that one needs to be at least a Power BI Service administrator if not office 365 admin in order to view all configurations. However, the IT team restricts this privilege to a very small group. We saw the data source configurations even after Personal Gateway had been un-installed and previous user removed from group.

Hence marked the answer from @v-ljerr-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.