Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Relationships not working

Hi all!

I have two tables, one with information about workers and the other with info about bills. I need that when I select a date from slicer (Wich have dates from Bills Table) the barchart gets update but it doesn't. I must have the date from Bills Table on slicer. How can i do this? I attach a PBIX file with example of my problem (I want the bar chart next to the slicer as the one below it.)

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just solved it!

I've had to create a new table that only has the Dates that are in my original Database, then I relate these new Date Field  to the others Date Fields in my existing tables and it works! Just have to remember that in the new table, it must be a unique date field for each one that exists in the original tables that are in the data base.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two tables with Column name "Reference number" . i am traying to create a relationship but it’s not working

any idea why

Data Type is "Text" for both

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Juramirez

Capture.PNG

Because your join is resulting only Feb data.

You need to look through your data and make a join again.

I just solved it!

I've had to create a new table that only has the Dates that are in my original Database, then I relate these new Date Field  to the others Date Fields in my existing tables and it works! Just have to remember that in the new table, it must be a unique date field for each one that exists in the original tables that are in the data base.

Regards

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Juramirez

You have only February result because: 

The Only UniqueIdentifier that match with UserID (Workers Table) are 4,9 and 13.

uid.png

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.