Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EasyNet
Frequent Visitor

Relationships in Direct Query Mode

best regards, I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this case, I have the tables to relate, a representation of sales by the seller and the other budgets, the table of budgets has the figures divided by the type of product. When I am going to establish the relationship does not allow it to me because one of the tables does not have unique values, this is correct since each data is different in both sales and presupases. How can I establish this relationship considering that I am working in DirectQuery mode and not in Import mode? Thank you so much.

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@EasyNet

In your scenario, it seems you have Sales and Budgets tables which are fact tables. You should have other dimension tables like DimSeller, DimProduct, etc, and build the relationships to those fact tables based on the key column with unique values in dimension tables. It can became a snowflake/star schema. You can refer to AdventureWorksDW sample database.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.